Personalised Eating Disorder Support
We are a Nurse-led specialist eating disorder charity based in Peterborough, supporting individuals in the Peterborough and Cambridgeshire area.
Our charity offers assessment and support with signposting and where appropriate to service users, families and loved ones and professionals. We offer our service users individual sessions which are tailored to meet the unique needs of each person. We also provide family sessions which include practical help, education and support. We operate mostly remotely and sessions are via Microsoft Teams or Zoom. This includes assessments, 1:1s and groups (service users and carers). Face-to-face sessions, if required, are held at Boroughbury Medical Centre.
Education, advice and training can be delivered to GPs, schools and other organisations by our Training and Education Team, more information available on request.
PEDS became an independent eating disorder charity in April 2014 (Registered Number 1156578). Prior to this, since 2013 we provided services as an affiliate of the established eating disorders charity, Caraline.
- To raise awareness of eating disorders
- Provide a better understanding of the illness amongst sufferers, their families/carers and professionals including the general public
- To provide help and support to sufferers on their journey towards recovery
- To reduce the mortality rate of eating disorders
- For sufferers to manage their symptoms to be able to live in a world where they have a good quality of life
- For sufferers to be able to access help when they need it
- All educational sectors and employers to have knowledge and understanding of eating disorders
Our mission is to provide nurse led, personalised eating disorder support with the aim being to help the sufferer to manage their eating disorder and to build a life to get well for which is not controlled by their illness. This includes equipping carers and families with the tools to be able to support their loved ones.
Whilst we understand the importance of Hope, we also acknowledge the realities of what we are up against when it comes to fighting eating disorders. In sharing our determination, passion and skills, we will help strengthen our sufferers, their loved ones and professionals we work alongside, in winning the battle against eating disorders.