How to support PEDS
PEDS charity is run by two nurses who between them have over 30 years experience working in the field of eating disorders. This includes working on a paediatric ward, CAMHS case management, adult eating disorders and working within a specialist eating disorder in-patient unit.
Any help you are able to give in the form of a donation would be of huge benefit to the work that we do. Literally every penny can make a difference. You can make a private donation through our Just Giving page, or get your friends and family involved and hold a fundraising event. There are a number of different ways to raise money. Here are a few suggestions:
- Hold a bake sale at work or a club you attend.
- Collect your loose change in a jar.
- Get creative and make something that can be sold at a local craft fair or village fete. If you can sew, paint, knit, cook etc. then this is the one for you!
- Take part in an organised sporting event that isn’t already assigned to a dedicated charity, such as a 10k run or cycle sportive.
- Organise an event to invite friends and family to – this could be anything from a sponsored shoe shining service to a charity ball. The more creative the better!
Thank you so much in advance for your support.
We have been fortunate enough to already receive some very generous support from individuals who have fundraised for PEDS, and companies who have chosen us as their charity to support. We would like to thank the following people for taking the time to raise money for us:
- Julia and Mike Greene - holding a fundraising night at Peterborough Greyhounds
- Sarah Jackson - holding a ladies champagne night
- Danielle - running the Great Perkins Run
- Linda Joyce - running the Leeds Half Marathon
- Martin Arnold & Christy Rattle - taking part in a charity skydive
- Trendy Bees Clothing - our Essex Volunteers, Leah and Caitlin, have started an online shop selling preloved clothes and handmade jewellery with 10% of profits donated to PEDS. To visit their shop, click here
- National Lottery Awards for All
- Tesco carrier bag appeal
- Essex Community Foundation
- Cambridgeshire Community Foundation
- Waitrose Community Matters
- Cambridgeshire and Peterborough ICS
- Peterborough Rotary Club